October visit

October started for Bragg Family South with a weekend trip to Hot Springs. While I was giving a talk at the Arkansas Archeological Society's annual meeting, Hope took the kids up to a small festival near Little Rock. Above, Kenny fights gravity with an old-tyme game, and Beth rides a horse, one of her all-time favorite activities (below):
My meeting went well, and the kids had a good time. I had another business trip to northwest Arkansas during the week, and I also went to that archeological site near Little Rock for another day's worth of digging. It was a beautiful fall day, and although I didn't find as much as I usually do (just a couple broken arrow points and some small sherds), it was nice to be there. I did get a good picture or two of a bee tree just to the side of where we are digging:

Hope's parents had arrived the evening before (on Wednesday night). On Thursday, after I returned from digging, Rich, Kenny, Beth, and I went to a UAM football game. The game was fast-paced, with lots of scoring (especially by UAM). Here are the popcorn eaters--


and Beth the cheerleader:

We only stayed until half time, since it was a school night. This still resulted in a fairly late evening--the game was being broadcast by the local cable company, which meant there were now plenty of TV-timeouts. Beth didn't wait for bed--she fell asleep in my arms before half. We didn't miss much after we left--UAM was up 40 to 17 at half, and went on to win 50 to 17.

Rich and Ann will be with us for a while longer, so little Beth will have plenty of opportunities for tea parties with Bumpa!

Comments

Lisa said…
I can see I'm going to have to start saving my coffee cans for Emma. That old-time game Kenny tried at the fair looks right up her alley.

Say hi to Ann and Rich for me!
jkbinturkey said…
Hey, Bragg Family South,

I've finally updated my blog. Not my best narrative, but some good pics. I liked your story about the mystery flowers in the last entry. I saw some similar leafless flowers off in the birms of one of the lawns that we mow here. Weird.

Jojo

Popular posts from this blog

New look...and a Valentine's card

Late fall activities