Their first "hunt"

Beth and Stephen participated in their first "hunt" today... With Hope and Kenny gone to see the new Harry Potter movie, and the Wisconsin Badgers victorious against Michigan, I had some time to kill this afternoon. This morning, I took Kenny along with me on a hunt on our hunting lease property south of town. Stephen protested that he wanted to go along, but there was no way I could take a noisy 3-year-old with any possibilities of doing any real hunting (Kenny and I saw 4 deer this morning, including one buck, but no shots). I had to leave Stephen behind then, much to his chagrin. Well, this afternoon, the weather was nice, so I figured I'd take both Beth and Stephen out for a drive along the gravel road that leads through the leased area. We didn't see any deer (don't worry, y'all, I didn't even take my gun, and the kids didn't get out of the truck), but I think they had fun, and they can claim their first "hunt"!

Comments

Anonymous said…
good hunting, kenny! bill
Lisa said…
It's fun just to dress up and put on the orange gear!

Popular posts from this blog

Late fall activities

Happy 4th of July!

It doesn't feel like fall yet...