UAM Homecoming and Beth's Birthday

Today, y'all get a bonus blog posting... Well, in reality, I just completed one post when I realized that some pictures from last month didn't get in it--just didn't pay enough attention to the organization of the images, I guess. Anyhow, rather than skipping them or adding them after the fact, I figured I may as well add a separate post. So as you can see in the image above, I acted like a kid for a bit during the homecoming festivities at UAM, shuttling Beth and Stephen around on an over-sized tricycle. Kenny and Beth also got to try out a fancy jumping contraption:

UAM also played a football game, but I don't remember who won:
Beth celebrated her 6th birthday in October, and here are a couple pictures from her party. First, Beth and guests got to decorate miniature pumpkins with markers:

They also got to decorate their own cupcakes (instead of birthday cake). And, of course, the gift opening, which some of Beth's lil' friends seemed to enjoy more than she did:

Around this period, I got a phone call from the local station archeologists. Seems like a farmer that was level his farmland had come across the remains of an Indian site, and we had just a handful of days to try to salvage what we could. So, I took a couple days off of work, and helped station archeologist Jessica Howe recover what we could:

In the picture above, Jessica is working in a pit feature which included some debris buried probably between 1500 and 2000 years ago. We also made a trip to Little Rock and visited the zoo there in preparation for our bigger Memphis Zoo trip (more on that later):

Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New look...and a Valentine's card

Late fall activities