Christmas/New Year's plans

A phone call from brother John last night got me to thinking I should spell out our holiday plans (as best I can) on the blog so y'all will have something to consult...

We plan to leave Monticello on Thursday, December 20 right after Kenny's morning Christmas party at his school. We'll probably swing through Memphis to visit some friends before heading up to Michigan. We'll be in Michigan through Christmas (attending the annual Pruden family Christmas party). The day after Christmas, we plan to drive to the UP of Michigan with Hope's parents--we have hotel rooms already reserved in Manistique for the night of December 26. On December 27 (Thursday), we plan to drive around the UP, probably heading to the Houghton area, before driving south to Rhinelander. We'll start our stay with mom and dad on the evening of December 27, and plan to remain in town until January 5, when we'll start heading south to Arkansas. I believe Lisa and her flock plan to come to Rhinelander after New Year's Day, but I don't know if there is an exact date we may expect them.

Now, we plan to swing through Madison on our way south, but given the unknowns of the weather and the Packer playoff push, some of the timing may be changed. We can't exactly specify the timing of our departure for Arkansas, but we'll do our best to stop in Madison to visit those we may not be able to see otherwise.

We look forward to seeing y'all in a few days, and make sure you keep some of that snow around for our kids!!

Comments

Lisa said…
Don,

I'm starting to wonder if we should come sooner than January... maybe instead we should come to Rhinelander on the 28th and stay overnight one night. That would work better with the kids' school schedule, since they have to be back to school Jan. 2nd, and would still get us back to Eau Claire with time to spare before Susan and David have to return to West Virginia.

Would that work for you if we got to Rhinelander the day after you first arrive? I still have to talk to Jon about it.
Lisa said…
Hey Don,

I don't know if you ever got the email I sent after my first posting on your blog, but I think we'll be coming to Rhinelander on Dec. 29th instead of the 28th. The 28th is Jon's dad's birthday, and his sister is having a party for him that day.

Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

New look...and a Valentine's card

Late fall activities