And I'd do it all over, again...

Do you remember what you were doing, 12 years ago on this very exact day? I was in the process of girding myself for what would be the biggest day of my life (at least to that point). On September 21, 1996, Hope and I were joined in holy matrimony, apparently to the consternation of Rich:


Actually, I think they were pretty happy to see us married--Rich's dour face in this photo is more because people were actually getting to see him dressed up in a tux...

I've always loved this picture of Bill, who is posing so formally for the photographer (Uncle Chuck Bayer). It's hard to believe Bill was only 12 when we got married--what a trooper!

The "Parade" magazine that comes in our Sunday paper had a survey on the state of marriage in America. According to their polling, only 56% said they would definitely marry the same person all over again. This surprised me. After 12 blissful years of marriage, with far more good times than bad, I can honestly say that I'd do it all over again, without hesitation.

So, Hope, here's to many more years of joy and love!!

Comments

Hope said…
I would do it all over again as well! Sure we are both bigger, snore a bit more, and have greyer hair then we used to, but you have given me 12 wonderful years and 3 precious gifts beyond anything. I am sure glad I got to know that guy with the awesome Charger, and followed him to Utah with the not so awesome Dynasty...You are the love of my life, and I am the luckest woman in the world for being with you. mush mush mush
Lisa said…
Are you guys sweet or what?? Congratulations to a great couple! And, Hope: thanks for not only putting up with Don, but for making him so happy, as well!

Popular posts from this blog

New look...and a Valentine's card

Late fall activities