And I'd do it all over, again...

Do you remember what you were doing, 12 years ago on this very exact day? I was in the process of girding myself for what would be the biggest day of my life (at least to that point). On September 21, 1996, Hope and I were joined in holy matrimony, apparently to the consternation of Rich:


Actually, I think they were pretty happy to see us married--Rich's dour face in this photo is more because people were actually getting to see him dressed up in a tux...

I've always loved this picture of Bill, who is posing so formally for the photographer (Uncle Chuck Bayer). It's hard to believe Bill was only 12 when we got married--what a trooper!

The "Parade" magazine that comes in our Sunday paper had a survey on the state of marriage in America. According to their polling, only 56% said they would definitely marry the same person all over again. This surprised me. After 12 blissful years of marriage, with far more good times than bad, I can honestly say that I'd do it all over again, without hesitation.

So, Hope, here's to many more years of joy and love!!

Comments

Hope said…
I would do it all over again as well! Sure we are both bigger, snore a bit more, and have greyer hair then we used to, but you have given me 12 wonderful years and 3 precious gifts beyond anything. I am sure glad I got to know that guy with the awesome Charger, and followed him to Utah with the not so awesome Dynasty...You are the love of my life, and I am the luckest woman in the world for being with you. mush mush mush
Lisa said…
Are you guys sweet or what?? Congratulations to a great couple! And, Hope: thanks for not only putting up with Don, but for making him so happy, as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Late fall activities

Happy 4th of July!

It doesn't feel like fall yet...