Made it to Michigan
I just can't start a blog without putting in a picture of at least some of our kids...Beth has been a big helper for her mom and I, helping with Stephen any way she can.I'm writing this from Hope's parents' house in Whitmore Lake, Michigan. We arrived yesterday evening after two fairly steady days of driving. Well, not completely straight-through: we did make a stop or two on the way. One of these stops was to look at a stand of mature hardwood timber in western Indiana, not far from the interstate we were driving on. One of my hobbies is to use a laser to precisely measure large trees, so I walked around the woods for an hour or two:
The stand of timber was nice. Not quite old-growth, but some large oaks, yellow-poplar, sycamores, beech, etc. On the way out, Hope suggested driving a little further down the gravel road. This added adventure rewarded us with a trip across a covered bridge--the kids' first ever, and the first for us in a long time...
Note the name of the bridge in white letters on the green plaque--"Pine Bluff". We thought this was a neat coincidence, since all of our kids were born in Pine Bluff (Arkansas).
We look forward to seeing y'all next weekend!
Comments
Good job on your ABC award! Help Beth with Stephen, too! Look forward to seeing you next weekend.
Go Packers!
Jojo