Letting the baby out of the bag
I know we've been adamant over the years (certainly with Kenny and Beth) that we didn't want to know what they were before they were born, and we were overjoyed when each arrived in our lives. Today we have taken a different tack...
When Hope went in today for a routine ultrasound, we still intended to let the baby go full term before finding out what gender it was. However, during the ultrasound, the technician passed by a certain part of the anatomy (accidentally, mind you--she knew we were trying not to find out). Anyhow, it was very obvious to me what we were going to have. So, after dwelling on whether or not I should let Hope in on what I saw, I told Hope that it was up to her if she still wanted to keep it a secret. She immediately said she wanted to know--I knew this was what she wanted from early on, so I wasn't surprised.
To make an already long story short, we are having a boy! Mom and baby are still doing fine, and we are still anticipating an early September delivery. Stay tuned, however, in case this one (now we're calling him "Larry") comes early. They can estimate the baby's size using this ultrasound equipment, and Larry currently weighs in at just under 7 pounds (we're looking at 9 to 10 pounds at delivery). According to the technician, Larry will also come with a pretty full head of hair (so the fuzz on the ultrasound is supposed to be...).
Just a few weeks to go now!!
When Hope went in today for a routine ultrasound, we still intended to let the baby go full term before finding out what gender it was. However, during the ultrasound, the technician passed by a certain part of the anatomy (accidentally, mind you--she knew we were trying not to find out). Anyhow, it was very obvious to me what we were going to have. So, after dwelling on whether or not I should let Hope in on what I saw, I told Hope that it was up to her if she still wanted to keep it a secret. She immediately said she wanted to know--I knew this was what she wanted from early on, so I wasn't surprised.
To make an already long story short, we are having a boy! Mom and baby are still doing fine, and we are still anticipating an early September delivery. Stay tuned, however, in case this one (now we're calling him "Larry") comes early. They can estimate the baby's size using this ultrasound equipment, and Larry currently weighs in at just under 7 pounds (we're looking at 9 to 10 pounds at delivery). According to the technician, Larry will also come with a pretty full head of hair (so the fuzz on the ultrasound is supposed to be...).
Just a few weeks to go now!!
Comments
Do Kenny and Beth know?? Lisa