Surprise visitors

Kenny and Beth got a couple of surpise visitors this weekend--their grandparents Nahma (Ann Pruden) and Bumpa (Rick Pruden)!! Rick got a long weekend off from work, and apparently driven southward by the first real taste of wintry weather, they ended up at our house on Friday. The kids, of course, went bonkers with excitement, and have been having big fun--I just hope they're not waking them up early this morning...
It has been brisk but largely seasonal down here over the last week or so. A couple weekends ago, much of the state of Arkansas got 4 to 8 inches of rain, so a lot of the bottomland areas are still in overflow condition. I just drove past the Saline River yesterday, which those of you who have gone canoeing with us down here will remember as the river we paddled. The water is even higher now than it was then. The last time Bob and I canoed this stream (Thanskgiving 2005), the river was so low that we finally gave up due to the gravel bars that impeded our progress. Definitely not a problem now!
Comments
Hope your staying dry. We have quite a drought going on in Ankara.
I should be updating my blog this weekend. Keep in touch!
John