Not quite ready for Hollywood
This was part of the end-of-year program that Kenny and his fellow kindergartners put on for the school and parents. As you can see, Kenny (and most of his classmates) did just fine. This made me remember of our "performances" as kids, and how much I didn't like them... I was far more shy then than I am now...
This last weekend I volunteered on an archeology dig near Little Rock (again), and then on Sunday we went to Little Rock for "Riverfest" which is a large fair/concert venue. It was hot, but the kids got to play in a water park for a while, and in the evening we "saw" the southern rock group .38 Special in concert (those of you who remember the 80s music scene will remember they were quite popular for a time). I put "saw" in quotes because we were so far from the stage that you really couldn't see anything, but the music was not ear-splitting here, and the kids had fun. We had hoped to make the next concert that evening (ZZ-Top) and then the fireworks, but Hope had had enough of the heat and humidity, and we left early. On Monday, we stayed around the house for the most part, did some yard work, and the kids splashed in the sprinkler.
Kenny has basically finished his first year of school--while they technically have school until the end of the week, grades and attendance have been turned in, and they've basically told parents (at least for kindergartners) to make your own choices about bring the kids in. So...Kenny's done with school, and is gearing up for summer. We'll pick up his grades this Friday, and start prepping for our big June trip up north. We're taking a new route up north since we're going to visit my sister Lisa and her family in western Wisconsin first. We'll then head over to Mom and Dad's for their 40th wedding anniversary bash on June 15, and spend most of our time kicking around the Rhinelander area before heading south starting on Friday. We're going to get back by that Sunday to participate in the dedication of our newly constructed church here in Monticello, and then that Monday I head up to Malvern to participate in the summer archeology dig for another week.
If you don't catch us up north in June, we'll be back in the area again in late July and early August. We're going to try to catch my 20th high school reunion in late July (20 years--ouch!!) and then I have a meeting in Milwaukee. At the end of this meeting, we're planning on going to a Brewer's game before returning home.
Comments
See you soon! The kids can't wait.
Aunt Lisa
lulu