Stephen's baptism

Stephen was baptised over last weekend. Mom, Dad, and brother Bill arrived (after some flight delays in Chicago) in Little Rock on Friday. Hope, Beth, Stephen and I greeted them at the airport and then returned to Monticello for supper at the local Mexican restaurant. Kenny joined us at the restaurant--he had school that day, and was picked up by the Saffolds so he could get somewhere after school without coming to an empty house (given the flight delays, this plan worked just dandy!). The picture above shows Bill teaching Stephen how to slouch with the big dogs...

This picture is of Hope, Stephen and I with Father Phillip and Scott and Mandy Kuttenkuler, Stephen's godparents. Scott and Mandy are very good friends of ours--Scott is the debate coach and an instructor of speech at the university, and Mandy is a stay-at-home mom while raising their two boys, "Bo" and Gabe. Their kids are about the same age as Kenny and Beth, and they've grown up together. Scott has helped me a lot remodeling our house, and we recently got to return some of the favor by helping them remodel one of their bathrooms.


The baptism went smoothly--Stephen slept through the whole thing, and the kids got to eat cake at the reception afterwards. We then went back home, I got out of my "monkey suit", and we sat down to watch the Packers beat the Eagles for their first win of the season.


In general, it was a quiet weekend, full of baby holding and kids piling on their Uncle Bill. We had a real nice visit, and look forward to our October visit with other friends and family...
Last night I ended up carrying Kenny to his bed--he's been fighting a cold, and fell asleep on the couch before his usual bedtime. I guess I'm already getting used to lil' Stephen's size, because it felt like I was picking up a giant when I picked up Kenny. Looking at the picture above, it sure helps keep things in perspective...

Comments

Lisa said…
Don,

Belated Birthday Greetings! I thought about your birthday while I was at work and meant to call later, but... bad sister! Sorry! Anyway, hope you had a good one!
William Bragg said…
stephen is a natural sloucher. i felt like he was the one teaching me. - Bill

Popular posts from this blog

New look...and a Valentine's card

Late fall activities