Home again...and then back on the road!
Just a quick posting to let y'all know that we survived our 5000+ mile epic Northeastern US trip with our minivan and dignity intact. After two weeks of travel, it was great to get home. The house was fine, the cat was, well, no squirrellier than usual, and we had a lot of fun and got to see a bunch of neat things...more about those later.
This has to be a quick update because I'm due home soon for supper. After another gut-wrenching Packer loss, I came in to wrap up some paperwork that had been neglected over the last couple weeks. Tomorrow I leave for a meeting near Asheville, North Carolina, which will take up most of my week. I'll try to post more on our trip next weekend, if time permits.

Here's an image from our journey, though... This picture of Hope and the kids was taken at Grey Towers, the family home of Gifford Pinchot, the man considered to be the first American forester, and the first head of the USDA Forest Service. The Pinchot family (including Gifford's parents and wife) were noted conservationists, and contributed much to the early conservation movement in America. Gifford's parents, for instance, provided the funding to start the Yale School of Forestry circa 1900.
This has to be a quick update because I'm due home soon for supper. After another gut-wrenching Packer loss, I came in to wrap up some paperwork that had been neglected over the last couple weeks. Tomorrow I leave for a meeting near Asheville, North Carolina, which will take up most of my week. I'll try to post more on our trip next weekend, if time permits.

Here's an image from our journey, though... This picture of Hope and the kids was taken at Grey Towers, the family home of Gifford Pinchot, the man considered to be the first American forester, and the first head of the USDA Forest Service. The Pinchot family (including Gifford's parents and wife) were noted conservationists, and contributed much to the early conservation movement in America. Gifford's parents, for instance, provided the funding to start the Yale School of Forestry circa 1900.
Comments